System Engineer (Active Directory / Linux / PowerShell)
Primary responsibilities of the assignment:
- As a system engineer, the consultant will take up the role of a project team member (in several projects) and will report to a technical project leader and/or project manager. The desired performance of a system engineer will be followed up according to a clearly defined set of competences;
- As a project team member, the consultant needs to take up the role of infrastructure systems builder, for which a detailed role description is available, in this role the consultant will report to the infrastructure system manager;
- Project team member responsibilities can be, but are not limited to:
- Integration of off-the-shelf software packages with Active Directory (AD);
- Installation and integration of off-the-shelf software packages for the service center Security;
- Integration between on-premise and cloud;
- As a system engineer, the consultant will manage the group LDAP directories and related security packages, in collaboration with a global team (Belgium and India);
- As a member of a global support & operations team, the consultant will be willing to join the “ombuds” and other support & operations responsibilities during business hours, here the consultant will report to the Support and Operations Manager, who is responsible for that planning;
- As a PowerShell expert, the consultant creates new scripts in an understandable manner and document existing scripts (in case they have not yet been documented);
- As a system engineer, the consultant will use technologies such as Grafana and Prometheus and SCOM for continuous improvement of our monitoring and operational management;
- As a Directory Services (temporary) team member, the consultant might be required to participate to group meetings, which typically take place in English. This includes, but is not limited to, the global team planning meetings. Additionally, the consultant will have a monthly meeting with the resource pool / team manager to discuss the planning (but other topics are possible, from both participants);
- As a Directory Services (temporary) team member, the consultant will be assigned a partner in the team to help with the onboarding. The consultant is expected to build up a trusted relationship with this partner ASAP and to show the desired behaviors of our organization.
Secondary responsibilities of the assignment:
- As an AD infrastructure and Domains (including LDAP and AD LDS) expert, you give advice and implement continuous improvement actions;
- As a system engineer, the consultant may need to take up the role of infrastructure systems manager (also called “asset owner”), for which a detailed role description is available, in this role the consultant will report to the infrastructure domain manager;
- As a system engineer, the consultant will automate using Ansible;
- As a Security professional, the consultant understands and implements PKI;
- As a system engineer, the consultant will work with Federation Services;
- As a Security professional with a focus on Security and Auditing software, the consultant has a very good insight into key security concepts. Knowledge of IBM Security Access Manager (ISAM) and/or CyberArk is / are a plus;
- Being proficient in the Microsoft stack, the consultant has hands-on experience with Azure;
- A passion for the Microsoft stack is a plus, but a willingness to learn some Linux basics is expected;
- A passion for Linux and a willingness to be most advanced professional in Linux skills in a small global team of (mainly) Microsoft experts can also be a plus;
- This is a non-limitative list and additional responsibilities, part of the current and future Scope of Work of the team, may be assigned to the consultant.
- Expertise level: Senior, preferably Expert;
- English: required
- Dutch: nice-to-have
- Experience in retail is a plus
- Experience in technology / methodology:
- Any knowledge of international best practice frameworks are a plus
- Any system engineering related certifications are a plus
- Consultant will be expected to help build craftsmanship towards directory services team members with less expertise, which can be (but will not be limited to) organizing KTs (Knowledge Transfers). Typically, these KTs will take place in English and a willingness to work as part of a global team (people in Belgium and India) is a critical success factor in the collaboration.
- Typical profile of candidate:
- Digital knowledge – Thorough knowledge of Windows Servers Operating Systems and Microsoft Active Directory. Knowledge of PKI, PowerShell programming. You have AD and LDAP infrastructure expertise and preferably affinity with technology such as Grafana and Microsoft Azure.
- Communicative teamplayer – You speak and write English fluently. You give to-the-point and clear advice which your colleagues can put to use.
- Solution oriented thinking – You have a hands-on mindset and quickly notice potential issues.
- For us you are not merely a number, we are passionate about the personal and human approach. 100% honest communication is also typically Xquisit!
- We value your talent, skills and effort. This means we will always go the extra mile to ensure that you feel comfortable at your job and that you feel at home, both at Xquisit and at the client.
- The possibility to develop yourself professionally is priceless. That’s why following training programs, attending courses, obtaining certificates, … are always an option open for discussion.
- Employees on our payroll are offered an attractive benefits package, including a competitive salary, a company car, hospitalisation and group insurance, 12 extra days off (ADV) and more.
- You are always welcome in our office in the peaceful greenery of Brasschaat and we regularly organise events for members of the Xquisit family!
System Engineer (Active Directory / Linux / PowerShell)
|Location||Oost-Vlaanderen (possibility to work 2 days / week regionally or remote)|
- Employee Xquisit (indefinite period)