BI Data Modeler / Engineer
Data analysis is becoming more and more important in today’s world of business decision making.
Who hasn’t heard about Advanced Analytics and Machine learning?
In the data warehouse team, we are working in the fascinating world of data every day.
In order to be fully prepared for tomorrow’s challenges, we have put in place a new platform, new tools and new detailed and aggregated data for our business clients to support them in their analysis.
We work closely with the business to analyse and model data. In the DWH team, we strive to combine business concepts and develop well reflected systems to respond a maximum to our business clients’ reporting needs.
The key missions of a BI data modeller/engineer are:
- Understanding the functional domain of a business line
- Master the applicative BI domain of a business line
- Organization and moderating workshops with the business client in order to define their business needs.
- Gathering the business requirements and define solutions with the client
- Being able to plan and follow up projects
- Designing the different data patrimonies and keep it coherent in time
- Assessing new tools, new technologies and methodologies
- Creating and updating the functional documentation
- Explaining the functional contents of the projects to the development team (link between users and the development team)
- The monitoring/control of the functional design (logical data, functionalities and controls) of the applications of his business domain.
- Validating the deviations needed in the design and controlling they are documented.
- Ensuring the respect of the functional and technical design standards.
- Definition of best practices and patterns to be applied in his application context and documenting and maintaining them.
- Helping to define the testing approach of the projects with the clients
- Testing of new developments or changes of existing functionalities.
- You have recent demonstrable and relevant experience.
- You are flexible, analytic minded and customer oriented.
- You have knowledge of either French or Dutch.
- You are structured in approach and have good organisation skills.
- Strong communicator (tact, diplomay, influence)
- You are persuasive and creative in your search for solutions.
- You can function both in stand-alone as in-group modus.
- You have a master degree in informatics, or similar bachelor degree or relevant professional experience in this domain.
- Experience in data modelling and functional analysis
- Experience in star scheme modelling through projects
- Good knowledge of insurance processes and of BI principles to support these.
- Strong interest for business process analysis
- Project management experience (planning, communication)
- Thorough experience in data modelling techniques trough projects
- Understanding development life cycles
- Good organizational skills with demonstrated ability to deliver data oriented projects on time and on budget.
Nice to have
- Experience in data modelling via Erwin
- Mastering scheduling principles and techniques.
- Mastering scheduling principles and techniques (CTRL/M)
- Thorough understanding of corporate practices, processes and standards and their impact on project deliveries.
- Detailed understanding of SAS (Base, DI, EG) development and tabular models on SSAS through experience
- Knowledge of SQL server and SSIS
- Good computer skills, proficient with Microsoft office applications including Microsoft BI Tools such as PowerBI.
- Experience with cloud and on premise architectures and setup
- For us you are not merely a number, we are passionate about the personal and human approach. 100% honest communication is also typically Xquisit!
- We value your talent, skills and effort. This means we will always go the extra mile to ensure that you feel comfortable at your job and that you feel at home, both at Xquisit and at the client.
- The possibility to develop yourself professionally is priceless. That’s why following training programs, attending courses, obtaining certificates, … are always an option open for discussion.
- Employees on our payroll are offered an attractive benefits package, including a competitive salary, a company car, hospitalisation and group insurance, 12 extra days off (ADV) and more.
- You are always welcome in our office in the peaceful greenery of Brasschaat and we regularly organise events for members of the Xquisit family!
BI Data Modeler / Engineer
- Medewerker Xquisit (onbepaalde duur)