BI Data Modeller / Engineer
Data analysis is becoming more and more important and in order to be fully prepared for tomorrow’s challenges, we have put in place a new platform, new tools and new detailed and aggregated data for our business clients to support them in their analysis. We work closely with the business to analyse and model data.
In the DWH team, we strive to combine insurance business concepts and develop well reflected systems to respond a maximum to our business clients’ reporting needs.
The key missions of a BI data modeller/engineer are
- Understanding the functional domain of a business line
- Master the applicative BI domain of a business line
- Organization and moderating workshops with the business client in order to define their business needs.
- Gathering the business requirements and define solutions with the client
- Being able to plan and follow up projects
- Designing the different data patrimonies and keep it coherent in time
- Assessing new tools, new technologies and methodologies
- Creating and updating the functional documentation
- Explaining the functional contents of the projects to the development team (link between users and the development team)
- The monitoring/control of the functional design (logical data, functionalities and controls) of the applications of his business domain.
- Validating the deviations needed in the design and controlling they are documented.
- Ensuring the respect of the functional and technical design standards.
- Definition of best practices and patterns to be applied in his application context and documenting and maintaining them.
- Helping to define the testing approach of the projects with the clients
- Testing of new developments or changes of existing functionalities.
- Language requirement: English + Dutch and French (one fluent and the other basic at least)
- University Graduate or Professional bachelor
- Ideally University graduate “Master” in information Science, Management or Industrial Engineer.
- Structured and pro-active
- Pragmatic and result oriented
- Hands on and problem solver
- Stress resistant
- Quality driven
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence).
- Customer oriented
- Experience in data modelling and functional analysis (2+ years)
- Experience in star scheme modelling through projects
- Good knowledge of insurance processes and of BI principles to support these.
- Strong interest for business process analysis
- Project management experience (planning, communication)
- Experience in functional enterprise modelling and architecture
Functional experience required
- Thorough experience in data modelling techniques through projects (2+ years)
- Understanding development life cycles
- Good organizational skills with demonstrated ability to deliver data oriented projects on time and on budget.
- Experience in data modelling via Erwin
- Mastering scheduling principles and techniques
Technical experience required
- Detailed understanding of SAS (Base, DI, EG) development and tabular models on SSAS through experience (2+ years)
- Knowledge of SQL server and SSIS
- Good computer skills, proficient with Microsoft office applications including Microsoft BI Tools such as PowerBI.
- Experience with cloud and on premise architectures and setup
- Mastering scheduling principles and techniques (CTRL/M)
- Thorough understanding of corporate practices, processes and standards and their impact on project deliveries.
- For us you are not merely a number, we are passionate about the personal and human approach. 100% honest communication is also typically Xquisit!
- We value your talent, skills and effort. This means we will always go the extra mile to ensure that you feel comfortable at your job and that you feel at home, both at Xquisit and at the client.
- The possibility to develop yourself professionally is priceless. That’s why following training programs, attending courses, obtaining certificates, … are always an option open for discussion.
- Employees on our payroll are offered an attractive benefits package, including a competitive salary, a company car, hospitalisation and group insurance, 12 extra days off (ADV) and more.
- You are always welcome in our office in the peaceful greenery of Brasschaat and we regularly organise events for members of the Xquisit family!
BI Data Modeller / Engineer
- Medewerker Xquisit (onbepaalde duur)