Data Architect / Engineer - MS Azure IoT
Our client is searching for someone to join the Data Management team:
An Azure IoT & Data Architect - engineer:
Define the architecture and contribute to the implementation of the Azure data platform to support IoT data ingestion, preparation, integration and consumption,
IoT data will be provided by Waylay platform,
Other data will be provided by other sources,
Consumption will be about dashboarding and advanced analytics.
The candidate will join the Data Management team that is, among others, managing the DWH and the Data Lake of the company, and responsible for the data governance and for
Architecture, design & implementation are managed within the team.
Objectives of the job
Define the architecture and design of the Azure data platform required to ingest and process data coming from Waylay IoT platform
Take part to the implementation of
the integration between Waylay and the data environment in Azure
the integration of other data sources with the data environment
Define and put in place the different components of the data platform in collaboration with other technical team members
Scan market of available tools and propose options depending on requirements and company standards
Design of the main data pipes to support use cases,
Look for/propose automation tools and technical process improvements,
Take part to PaaS governance improvement,
Coaching/support of a few internal resources,
Documentation of the architecture, guidelines and principles,
Provide guidance on some technologies like IoT standards and protocols, Azure event streaming
- Must work well independently, and in a collaborative team environment
- Solution driven / Pragmatic
- Strong problem solving skills
- Pro-active and flexible
- Strong verbal / written communications and presentation skills
- Coaching & training skills
- Client friendly
- Experience with IoT and analytics use cases (>2 years)
- Experience within Insurance or financial domain
- Experience on projects with different technology stacks, integration aspects
- IoT knowledge (standards and protocols / Device Management) (>2 years)
- Cloud Architecture Pattern (>3 years)
- Devops (Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration / Delivery) (>2 years)
- Azure Data Skills (Data Lake Gen2, Event Streaming) (>2 years)
- Experience in DataBricks (>1 years)
- Experience in Data Factory (>1 years)
- Experience in PaaS data lake set-up (>2 years)
- Knowledge of pipes principles and developments (>2 years)
- Experience in API creation to operationalize analytics models and integrate them in operations processes (>1 years)
- Being aware of best practices, trends & evolutions of the IT industry and most particularly Data Analytics environments/systems (>3 years)
- Knowledge about Data Management: lineage, data quality principles… (>1 years)
- Knowledge about/experience in DWH running in Azure environment
- Knowledge about dashboarding, Power BI
- Knowledge of Waylay data interfaces
- Database modelling via modelling tools such as Erwin or Visio (>3 years)
- Architecture, functional & technical analysis on database, ETL & BI solutions (>3 years)
- Understanding of Best Practices for, datawarehousing, ETL & BI solutions across the Enterprise (>1 years)
- Ability to interact with Business Owners and gather Business Requirements (>2 years)
- Ability to translate Business Requirements into functional & technical Requirements (>2 years)
- For us you are not merely a number, we are passionate about the personal and human approach. 100% honest communication is also typically Xquisit!
- We value your talent, skills and effort. This means we will always go the extra mile to ensure that you feel comfortable at your job and that you feel at home, both at Xquisit and at the client.
- The possibility to develop yourself professionally is priceless. That’s why following training programs, attending courses, obtaining certificates, … are always an option open for discussion.
- Employees on our payroll are offered an attractive benefits package, including a competitive salary, a company car, hospitalisation and group insurance, 12 extra days off (ADV) and more.
- You are always welcome in our office in the peaceful greenery of Brasschaat and we regularly organise events for members of the Xquisit family!
Data Architect / Engineer - MS Azure IoT
- Medewerker Xquisit (onbepaalde duur)