Senior Engineer and/or Data Scientist
The Search Team will leverage the best talent and infrastructure to build an industry-leading Cloud Search product that will allow users to search over all their queries with best-in-industry with advanced user experiences, such as intention recognition, that would tremendously increase their experience. Our mission will be accomplished through utilizing advanced technologies to ensure knowledge data discovery and extraction, create intelligent experience, and design a robust data storing, indexing and querying architecture.
- You will work with a team of applied scientists and engineers who are responsible for all stages of the search engine, including:
- Offline page storing/analysis/indexing
- Online querying/reranking/sorting.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and debug software programs for the key stages of the whole search sub-systems.
- Creates and implements new or uses existing traditional and deep learning algorithms, to solve applied problems in search engine, such as machine translating, text classification, NLU, etc. Lead the team to break through major algorithmic issues.
- Customize universal search features to local language and applications.
- Design and localize universal search engine, such as multi-language recognition, adapt to local applications and POI.
- MS/BS in CS/EE, mathematical or machine learning related subjects.
- Strong experience in designing, developing and shipping software (Minimum: 5 years)
- Excellent coding abilities in C, C++, Java, Python
- Strong programming and algorithm design skills and real passion for search engine.
- Expertise in two or more areas of large scale search systems (distributed database internals, performance optimization, data warehousing and integration, query optimization, indexing, memory management, distributed file system, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of parallel programming, thread programming, concurrency control and scalability.
- Fluent in English
- Working experience in MS Bing, Google Search, Yanex or related search operators.
- Academic achievements in searching related area, such as Information Retrieval, NLP, Multi-language recognition/extraction, Knowledge Graph, etc.
- Concrete product experience in natural language processing, machine leaning, deep learning or data mining area.
- 5+ years designing, developing large scale, high performance data storing, indexing, ranking system
- For us you are not merely a number, we are passionate about the personal and human approach. 100% honest communication is also typically Xquisit!
- We value your talent, skills and effort. This means we will always go the extra mile to ensure that you feel comfortable at your job and that you feel at home, both at Xquisit and at the client.
- The possibility to develop yourself professionally is priceless. That’s why following training programs, attending courses, obtaining certificates, … are always an option open for discussion.
- Employees on our payroll are offered an attractive benefits package, including a competitive salary, a company car, hospitalisation and group insurance, 12 extra days off (ADV) and more.
- You are always welcome in our office in the peaceful greenery of Brasschaat and we regularly organise events for members of the Xquisit family!
- Medewerker Xquisit (onbepaalde duur)