Frontend Developer - Coach - Expert
As a senior Frontend developer / Coach / Expert, you will act and perform as a master of the new technologies:
- You will help increase the maturity of the developers in the project(s) assigned to you
- You will coach your fellow developers to develop qualitative Frontend applications faster
- As a Frontend expert, you will share knowledge within the organization by actively contributing to the Development Community platform and new initiatives
- You will develop qualitative frontend applications
It is a full-time assignment:
- 70% of your work consists of coaching other developers (in technical skills but also code quality awareness)
- 20% of your time, you also work on development
- 10% of you time, you contribute to building out Angular development on enterprise level
You will be assigned to a number of projects delivering an application in a Angular/J2EE stack within the group. Development teams of these projects are global: part of the developers will be working from Belgium, part of them will be working from India. These projects include both front-end and back-end development in which you will focus on the frontend side of the solution. Project assignments may change over time.
What will be your daily work?
In your role of coach
- Review low-level designs, code adhering to organization and industry standards (quality assurance)
- Coach the developers in your team to improve their frontend skills
- Remain abreast with the upcoming technologies as needed.
- Ensure compliance of project deliverables are in line with Project Management methodologies.
- Provide feedback to the organisation about the progress of development skills of our developers
In your role of expert
- You will be involved in helping to give direction to our frontend development ecosystem of the future.
In your role of developer
- Responsible for taking part in developing projects involving technologies like Angular, Bootstrap, REST Services and JPA.
- Interface with Technical Architects, Functional Analyst, Business Process Analysts & other stakeholders to understand project requirements and other stakeholders.
- Analyze requirements and prepare high-level designs, including data modelling, and realize it with project team.
How will we follow up?
At regular time intervals, follow-up meetings with the coach will take place to monitor the progress and make adjustments where needed.
- Non-Negotiable Competencies
- Object Oriented Concepts
- Programming Fundamentals (Java / Java Script) and Debugging Skills
- Experience with Presentation Layer technology stack Angular 2 and above, HTML5, CSS3/Bootstrap
- Experience in RESTful services (client side)
- Ability to design, Perform design / code reviews
- Ability to work in another cultural context (India), having the ability to cope with cultural differences and showing an open and genuine interest in local culture and habits.
- Highly motivated Individual to learn and to mentor project members
- Design Skills - Application of Design Patterns / UML
- Experience with Unit / Integration Testing (Junit / Mockito / Karma)
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Exposure to Profiling tools to address Performance related aspects
- Experience in doing 'Impact Analysis' and 'Work Package Estimation' for complex Java applications
- Understanding of complete SDLC - Traditional Waterfall / Agile Programming
- Ability to plan, execute projects to deliver in time and with quality
- Experience working with Domain Driven Design
- Experience with continuous integration tools: IDE (IntelliJ, Eclipse …), Build (Gradle), Deploy Automation (Jenkins), Version Control (Git)
- ENG: very good (for coaching!) (NL is a plus)
The following competencies are a plus
- Experience with Java / J2EE frameworks
- Experience in RESTful services (service side)
- Retail domain experience
- Experience working with Indian clients
- Experience working with multicultural, distributed teams
- For us you are not merely a number, we are passionate about the personal and human approach. 100% honest communication is also typically Xquisit!
- We value your talent, skills and effort. This means we will always go the extra mile to ensure that you feel comfortable at your job and that you feel at home, both at Xquisit and at the client.
- The possibility to develop yourself professionally is priceless. That’s why following training programs, attending courses, obtaining certificates, … are always an option open for discussion.
- Employees on our payroll are offered an attractive benefits package, including a competitive salary, a company car, hospitalisation and group insurance, 12 extra days off (ADV) and more.
- You are always welcome in our office in the peaceful greenery of Brasschaat and we regularly organise events for members of the Xquisit family!
Frontend Developer - Coach - Expert
- Medewerker Xquisit (onbepaalde duur)