We are looking for a Functional analyst with a set background of:
- Proven experience in software development (analysis, coding, testing, support, release management) in a Windows environment.
- Experience with databases & query language SQL.
- Experience in Schematizing Business/IT processes to be understood by business and IT people (Entity-relationship diagram, BPMN, use cases, UML, application-layer diagram) to establish a commonly shared understanding of the desired behavior of the application/system to join our team of experts, reporting and interacting directly with the Product Owner.
This person will be working in the IT team, where he will be assisting in the development of the container/vessel planning solutions.
Due to the complexity of the systems & dependency on a set of other systems, one may expect a long training trajectory.
The scope of this position is for an analyst with deep interest for the maritime business and high attention to detail when designing technical process flows and supporting the business.
By applying agile values, he/she will try to constantly improve him-/herself and continuously learn on business and process topics.
He/she will be supported by several communities of practice that will provide help when needed.
- Analysis of reported problems resulting in solutions (by own intervention or by delegation to other IT colleagues)
- Configuration management of the different systems & users.
- Assist in steering external & internal development of planning software backend systems.
- Code review & testing of the solutions developed in house.
- Requirement Analysis & solution design in collaboration with the international business users.
- Providing support and participating in a stand-by-system to guarantee the operational stability of the business.
Qualifications and experience
- SQL Server advanced knowledge
- Windows office tools (word, project, excel, Visio, outlook, teams)
- Data/process flow modelling
- Background in software development
- .NET development environment
- Xml / JSON / EDIFACT messaging
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- In-depth technical knowledge
- Problem solver
- Multitasking skills
- Big interest in the maritime shipping industry and related business processes
- Good insight; can make the distinction between main and subsidiary issues
- Driven by common sense.
- Clear and diplomatic communicator, customer focused.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Dutch and/or Italian = +/+.
- Following characteristics describe you perfectly: professional, motivated, assertive, proactive, result driven and eager to learn
- You can create and maintain clear and accurate documentation; you are always ready to share knowledge and best practices with your colleagues
- You don’t compromise where it concerns quality
- Immune to stress, go-getter, pro-active, change-minded, focused
- You have a no-nonsense, can-do mentality
- You are a real team-player, self-motivated with high personal working standards
- Flexible, no 9-to-5 mentality
|Locatie||Antwerpen - hybride|