Java Developer - Coach - Expert
As a senior Java developer / Coach / Expert, you will act and perform as a master of the new technologies:
- You will help increase the maturity of the Java developers in the project(s) assigned to you
- You will coach the project team to develop qualitative Java applications faster
- As a Java expert, you will share knowledge within the organization by actively contributing to the Java Community platform and new Java initiatives
It is a full-time assignment:
- 40% of your work consists of coaching other developers (in technical skills but also code quality awareness)
- 50% of your time, you also work on development yourself
- 10% of your time, you will contribute to the Java Technology Roadmap, based on your expertise
You will be assigned to projects delivering applications for co-workers, with a Java backend and an Angular frontend. So, we are looking for a full-stack coach that is an expert on Java backend and is a medior in Angular frontend.
Project assignments may change over time.
What will be your daily work?
In your role of coach
- Review low-level designs, code adhering to organization and industry standards (quality assurance)
- Coach the developers in your team to improve their java backend skills
- Remains abreast with the upcoming technologies as needed.
- Ensures compliance of project deliverables are in line with Project Management methodologies.
- Provide feedback to the organisation about the progress of development skills of our developers
In your role of expert
- You will be involved in helping to give direction to our java backend development ecosystem of the future.
In your role of developer
- Responsible for developing projects involving technologies like JEE, EJB, JPA, REST Services, Angular, CSS/Bootstrap and HTML5.
- Interface with Technical Architects, Functional Analyst & Business Process Analysts to understand project requirements and other stakeholders.
- Analyze requirements and prepare high-level designs, including data modelling, and realize it in cooperation with project team.
How will we follow up?
- At regular time intervals, follow-up meetings with the coach will take place to monitor the progress and make adjustments where needed.
- Object Oriented Concepts
- Programming Fundamentals (Java / Java Script) and Debugging Skills
- Experience with Java / J2EE frameworks
- Experience in doing 'Impact Analysis' and 'Work Package Estimation' for complex Java applications
- Ability to design, Perform design / code reviews
- Highly motivated Individual to learn and to mentor project members
- Experience in RESTful services
- Experience with continuous integration tools: IDE (IntelliJ, Eclipse …), Build (Gradle), Deploy Automation (Jenkins), Version Control (Git)
- Design Skills - Application of Design Patterns / UML
- Experience with Unit / Integration Testing (Junit / Mockito / Karma)
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding of complete SDLC - Traditional Waterfall / Agile Programming
- Experience with Presentation Layer technology stack Angular 2 and above, HTML5, CSS3/Bootstrap
- Exposure to Profiling tools to address Performance related aspects
- Ability to plan, execute projects to deliver in time and with quality
- Experience working with Domain Driven Design
Nice to have:
- Retail domain experience
- Experience working with European clients
- Experience working with multicultural, distributed teams
- Java Certifications like Java Programmer, Web Component Developer, Business Component Developer, Web Services Developer (Oracle / Sun)
- For us you are not merely a number, we are passionate about the personal and human approach. 100% honest communication is also typically Xquisit!
- We value your talent, skills and effort. This means we will always go the extra mile to ensure that you feel comfortable at your job and that you feel at home, both at Xquisit and at the client.
- The possibility to develop yourself professionally is priceless. That’s why following training programs, attending courses, obtaining certificates, … are always an option open for discussion.
- Employees on our payroll are offered an attractive benefits package, including a competitive salary, a company car, hospitalisation and group insurance, 12 extra days off (ADV) and more.
- You are always welcome in our office in the peaceful greenery of Brasschaat and we regularly organise events for members of the Xquisit family!
Java Developer - Coach - Expert
- Medewerker Xquisit (onbepaalde duur)